Staying in Slovakia for less than 3 months

If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss national that intends to stay in Slovakia for less than 3 months, you need to submit the notice of stay to the foreign police office within 10 working days after your arrival to Slovakia. This is usually made by the accommodation provider if you are accommodated in a hotel, hostel or dormitory.

If you are accommodated in private accommodation (e.g. in a private rented apartment or at a friends' place), you are obliged to submit the notice of stay at the competent foreign police office (either in person or via a regular postal service).


What do you need for the report the beginning of your stay?

If you are staying in private accommodation, you need to submit the Notice of the stay form to the respective foreign police office. The form is available in 6 languages; however, must be completed in the Slovak language and signed; the forms are also available at local foreign police offices. You can submit the form also via a regular mail.

Find the nearest foreign police office