● a confirmation from the accommodation facility,
● a rental agreement (with notarized signatures),
● an affidavit on the provision of accommodation (with a notarized signature).
A proof of accommodation is not required in case the purpose of your stay is a participation in a governmental/EU programme, the fulfilment of a commitment of the Slovak Republic under an international treaty or an internship.
Each document issued in a language other than Slovak (except for documents issued in Czech) has to be translated to Slovak by an official translator. The list of official translators can be found HERE. In case the translation is done abroad, the competence of the translator must be attested by the Slovak embassy/consulate.
None of the documents proving the purpose of your stay (except for the international agreement), financial resources, accommodation or criminal record extract can be older than 90 days on the day of submitting the application for a temporary residence.
You have to submit a medical certificate confirming that you do not suffer from any disease threatening public health within 30 days from the collection of your residence card. The certificate CANNOT be older than 30 days. It can be obtained in specific medical centres only and a fee will be charged.
Fees: 99.50 EUR for the application for a temporary residence for the purpose of a special activity (100 EUR in case of an application submitted at the embassy/consulate of the Slovak Republic)
33 EUR for the application for a renewal of the temporary residence
● applicants for a temporary residence for the purpose of a special activity who are participating in a governmental/EU programme as well as those whose activity in Slovakia is resulting from an international agreement are exempted from the obligation to pay the application and the renewal fee
● interns who are receiving a scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport or a scholarship under an international agreement, as well as the foreign language lecturers coming to Slovak schools within programmes arising from international agreements are also exempted from the obligation to pay the fee
● applicants who are pedagogic staff or university teachers are also exempted from the obligation to pay the application and the renewal fee
4.50 EUR for the residence card. Residence card is standardly issued within 30 days. However, it is possible to apply for the issuance of the residence card within two working days for 24.50 EUR.